The following archive includes important News Releases about milestones in Crestline's growth and achievements.
November 14, 2016: The Phoenix Park Hotel Completes an $8 Million Renovation
Washington D.C – November 14, 2016
– The Phoenix Park Hotel announced the completion of an $8 million renovation to this historic Capitol Hill hotel. The extensive renovation reimagines all of the hotel’s public space including the lobby, front desk, business center, conference space, and all 149 guest rooms and suites. The Phoenix Park is now a standout amongst luxury boutique hotels on Capitol Hill.
October 3, 2016: Crestline Hotels & Resorts Adds Dylan Hotel in Midtown Manhattan to its Managed Portfolio
FAIRFAX, VA – October 4, 2016
– James Carroll, President & CEO of Crestline Hotels & Resorts, LLC, announces the addition of the Dylan Hotel in Midtown Manhattan to the company’s managed portfolio. The 16-story, 107-guestroom upscale hotel at 52 East 41st Street is just a block from New York City’s Grand Central Terminal. The 1903 beaux-arts style building is conveniently located within walking distance to Rockefeller Center, Broadway, Times Square, the Empire State Building, and the luxury shopping along Fifth Avenue.
“Crestline brings a long history of success in managing similar independent boutique hotels in other major markets such as Washington, D.C, Atlanta, Chicago, Houston and Los Angeles,” said Carroll. “Growing revenues and profitability at a boutique hotel in this dynamic market requires a unique expertise. We look forward to driving results at this exceptional hotel with our hospitality leadership and commitment to guest service,” added Carroll.
April 15, 2016: Hyatt Place Washington DC/Georgetown/West End Opens
WASHINGTON, D.C. – April 15, 2016
– Hyatt and Crestline Hotels & Resorts, LLC announced today the opening of Hyatt Place Washington DC/Georgetown/West End. The 168-room hotel is located at 2121 M Street NW, and was developed by Washington, DC-based Renaissance Centro, which enjoys a 30-year legacy of nationally recognized projects throughout the DC metro area. Hyatt Place Washington DC/Georgetown/West End is managed by Crestline, which is based in Fairfax, VA.
The nine-story hotel with rooftop terrace was designed by local architecture firm JN+A, and interior designer HVS. They worked together to capture the spirit of this historic DC-neighborhood by incorporating local elements and community relationships into the hotel’s offerings. Renaissance Centro commissioned local artist Drew Smith to create a photo mural that adorns the fitness center and pool area, and the artist and his work will be featured at the hotel’s Grand Opening along with a showing of other local artists. Additionally, Hyatt Place Washington DC/Georgetown/West End is collaborating with George Washington University to use the hotel’s development and opening as a case study for graduate students in the university’s hospitality program. Community influence continues with the hotel’s 24/7 Gallery Menu and Market where guests will find samplings of flavors from local artisans—from coffee to donuts to locally-brewed craft beer and regionally sourced food. Guests are encouraged to get out and explore the iconic neighborhood by providing maps, complimentary bicycles, helmets, and water bottles.
April 14, 2016: The Homewood Suites by Hilton Downtown Chicago Completes Major $9 Million Renovation and Redesign
Chicago, Illinois – April 14, 2016
– The 233 guest suite Homewood Suites by Hilton Downtown Chicago is welcoming guests with a new look and total renovation that includes a completely redesigned lobby, lodge, and meeting and event spaces. Located just one block from the Red Line CTA and the famous Magnificent Mile, this all-suite hotel is a short walk from the free Navy Pier trolley and world-class shopping and dining on Michigan Avenue, as well as the nearby Millennium Park and Museum Campus.
With the $9 million dollar renovation complete, guests are welcomed into this urban oasis where the new lobby features spectacular city skyline views, as well as multi-use areas for work and leisure including a new business center and guest registration. The breakfast area, where complimentary hot breakfast is served to guests, is now an extension of the lobby and features a winged community table as well as traditional seating. Throughout the day and evening the Market offers quick snacks and fresh food for sale. For cozy gatherings, guests will find a two-sided fireplace and a new 55-inch flat screen HDTV.
March 8, 2016: Crestline Hotels & Resorts’ Team Performs 145 “Acts of Service” in 75 Days
FAIRFAX, VA – March 8, 2016
– In honor of reaching the milestone of 100 managed hotels across the U.S., Crestline’s management team challenged their corporate and hotel associates to participate in 100 “Acts of Service” between December 1, 2015 and February 14, 2016. In just 75 days, associates not only rose to the challenge but surpassed the goal by completing 145 “Acts of Service”—helping to better communities across the country.
“When we threw down the challenge we knew our associates would embrace the effort, as Crestline’s success is driven by our culture of service and community involvement,” said James Carroll, President & CEO of Crestline. “What we didn’t expect was the absolute zeal and creativity that our associates exhibited in reaching out to those in need. Each hotel participated in a unique way, and we are truly humbled and overjoyed by the results."